Flexography is a printing process which utilizes a flexible relief plate that can be adhered to a printing cylinder.It is a direct printing process.Here the image is raised above the non- image area of plate.
- A flexographic printing process includes the four cylinders ink rollers, anilox, plate cylinder, and impression cylinder.The purpose of the ink rollers is to pick up ink from the ink tray and deliver it to the anilox.
- The ink rollers and anilox are set to rotate under pressure against each other and ink rollers is driven slower than the anilox causing it to squeeze away excess ink from the surface of the anilox with the help of dr. blade.
- Doctor blade is used to remove the excess of ink from the surface of the image area on the plate.
- It is placed at an angle of 55-65 degree.
- The purpose of the anilox roll is to pass on a thin, even layer of ink to the plate
- The plate cylinder is a metal cylinder placed between the anilox roller and the impression cylinder.
- The material to be printed,or substrate,passes between the plate cylinder and the polished metal impression cylinder.
We Have some of the finest Flexo machines available in the market
Mark andy 2200 series
- It has 8 stations.
- Both UV and water based inks can be used for printing process.
- It has maximum speed of 152mpm.
For water based inks heater is used for drying inks
Mark andy P5 series
- It has 8-9 stations.
- Only UV based inks are used for printing.
- It has maximum speed of 228 mpm.
Here UV lamps are used for drying inks
This is Mark Andy’s first Digital press to be installed in Asia. Digital One is perfectly optimized for short run jobs required at short notice. Digital One holds a BS5609 certification on Avery Dennison substrate.