Since we’re authorised to cater to label printing needs of regulated and semi-regulated markets within India and across the globe; there is a tremendous effort to assure quality, efficiency, flawlessness and vigilance kept up right from the factory to the freight carrier.
Here’s what our esteemed clients have to say about us.
Mark Andy 830
Mark Andy 830. Barcom Ind. Ltd.’s first ever purchase.
We are an ISO 22000:2018 & 9001:2015 certified company that lets us assure Food Safety Compliance which assures Quality Management Compliance. As can be seen further, we have dedicated units for printing labels that are contamination free.
We have eight presses from Mark Andy P5 (Mark Andy 2200 and Mark Andy Scout) with 8 colour and 9 colour facilities, but we can produce a print output of about 18 colours.
For special requests, we have a dedicated space for Aqua Based printing labels.
The images above are those of our Color Novo Digital press. This color label printer does not require the use of a plate for specifications and can print in larger numbers. It is good for short run jobs and is time efficient.
The following is a list that details our expertise:
- Basic Product Labels: As a brand’s identity, they convey basic and concise product information, whilst being a part of the packaging.
- Promotional Labels: Essential to highlight the ongoing promotional offers, schemes, etc. on a product; a main reason for a short run and/or urgent orders.
- Safety and Security Labels: Part of our specialisation, as mentioned before is printing labels that are safety and counterfeit-proof, which helps manufacturers ensure product traceability and tamper evidence.
- Inside-Out Labels: The front and the adhesive backside of such labels, are both printed. These are mostly used for transparent packaging of products for branding purposes.
- Multi-Layer Labels: Alternatively termed Label-On-Label, it is known to accommodate detailed information in a restricted or smaller area.
- Screen Printed Labels: Screen printed labels are produced by creating a mesh pattern on the surface of a product, then pressing/pumping ink through the mesh openings to create the visuals wanted on the label, the latter being usually made of cloth.
- In-Mould Labels (IMLs): They resist humidity and drastic changes in temperature and are scratch resistant. IMLs are used extensively to decorate plastic containers.
- Luminescent Labels: These labels glow in the dark and are used for security and product identification in conditions of less light.
- E-Commerce Labels: Plain/single color labels used mostly for barcoding and invoicing activity.
- Textured Labels: They have a textured pattern which enhances their aesthetics.
- Reclosure Labels: Reclosure or resealable labels are used to reseal packaging containing perishable items such as in the food and personal care industry (e.g. alcohol wipes). They not only extend the freshness of the product, but also make the use of the product convenient, given the reusable packaging.
What makes it possible for the production of our print output to be so organized and timely?
The following supporting infrastructure. We stand by a policy of NO ALLOWABLE ERRORS and our staff and equipment help the policy prevail.
The Pre-Press from Epson is used for the very beginning of printing jobs, wherein we get the artwork from the client which goes through processing for the making of plates.
The Ink Mixing Unit or as we’d informally call it the Ink Kitchen, is used to derive the shade of ink needed for the printing of varied jobs.
The GSE Dispensing ColorSat Match ensures high color accuracy which results in the artwork completely matching the (physically) printed labels. There is less wastage of ink observed which is environmentally friendly, it produces accurate data beyond what is seen by the human eye and it operates in multiple geometric angles which makes it more precise.
As mentioned earlier, the labels must go through physical tests to ensure that they are conditioned to withstand closed and tight placements and avoid scuffing and scratching damage.
We have fault detection systems that help spot errors, flaws, color inconsistencies, printing mistakes, etc. so as to help us discard the labels with said errors and print newer ones. We possess the most advanced Bi-Directional inspection tools on the market.
Our Nikka AVT, Nikka BST and Pulisi systems are equipped with cameras that detect faults on labels from a batch and highlight them up on a screen. We are then able to track those labels to discard them from the batch.
Plate Making Machine
For the artwork of a label to be materialised, a sort of a ‘stencil’ or mould is needed, which in this case is called a Plate. We have in-house systems from Du Pont for plate making and that helps with faster availing of plates needed, which would not have happened if we had outsourced the service.